Blue Cat Audio – Blue Cat PatchWork v2.41 Win & Mac VST VST3 AU RTAS AAX
Size 384 Mb
Blue Cat’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host up to 64 VST, VST3, Audio Unit or built-in plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format (full list below). Use the built-in audio effects to add color to your own plug-in chains.
Despite the name, you can forget about wires or cables: configuring plug-ins routing is as simple as adding or removing a row or a column in the rack’s matrix. All plug-ins can also communicate with each other or with the host application using the virtual MIDI ports offered by the plug-in.
For each plug-in slot, latency compensation, presets management, undo/redo integration, audio i/o selection and individual plug-in bypass are included for optimal operation. The plug-in also stores the position of the window for each plug-in so that the layout is restored with your session or saved with presets.
Also, sub plug-ins can be automated or controlled with external control surfaces using Blue Cat’s PatchWork parameters mapping capabilities.
This product is available as an audio plug-in (effect or a virtual instrument) and standalone application, so that it can used alone or inserted on any type of track in your favorite DAW, with up to 16 audio channels.
Input and output level meters are also available to monitor the signal that is dispatched to inserted plug-ins, including side chain and aux channels.
- Configurable VST, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins rack: host up to 64 third party plug-ins or instruments in series or parallel.
- 30 built-in effects: Reverb, EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- Available as an effect, virtual instrument or standalone application.
- Build your own effects chains: up to 8 “pre” and “post” plug-ins slots to chain plug-ins in series.
- Parallel processing made easy: up to 8 parallel plug-ins chains, with phase flip, solo and gain controls.
- Host up to 8 virtual instruments in parallel and mix them within the plug-in.
- Global Dry/Wet control (“Mix”).
- Parameters Mapping: map sub plug-ins parameters to automate them or use a control surface.
- Flexible MIDI routing: connect sub plug-ins together or with the host application.
- Flexible Audio routing: connect sub plug-ins i/o to any audio channel.
- External side chain and multiple outputs support.
- Link pre and post gains for automatic gain compensation.
- Drag and drop or cut, copy and paste plug-ins with their settings between slots.
- Recall complex processing setups and plug-ins layouts with one click and share them between your DAWs.
- Input and output levels monitoring.
- Plug-ins Latency compensation.
- Supports VST Shell plug-ins.
- Integrated undo/redo.
- Fully customizable user interface, with multiple sizes.
What’s new in PatchWork:
- Fixed an issue with hosted plug-ins editors not always restored in the right position in Cubase on Windows.
- Changing the slope of lowpass and highpass filters in the built-in EQ is now smoother.
- New presets browser with built-in search.
- Plug-in bypass and editor buttons can now be clicked on the entire button area (not just the icon).
- MIDI Program Change preference is now saved into session instead of global preferences, so each instance can now use different MIDI channels. It is also saved in the user default preset.
- VST3: added program change support for VST3 plug-in format.
- VST3: added MIDI output support for VST3 plug-in format.
- New Level (volume control) and Micro EQ built-in plug-ins.
- Added a gain parameter to several built-in plug-ins to avoid volume changes when switched on/off (pitch and frequency shifters, modulation effects, delays).
- Increased knobs precision for pitch shifter and waveshaper built-in plug-ins for smoother control.
Third party plug-ins host:
- VST and VST3 plug-ins previously displayed as missing because of name changes are now relocated automatically (Waves major updates, 32 and 64-bit plug-ins with different names etc.)
- Improved auto-relocation performance when a large number of plug-ins have moved.
- VST3 Host: added MIDI output and program change support for recenlty updated VST3 plug-ins.
Other fixes and improvements:
- VST: the user interface is now properly resized in Cubase on Windows.
- Fixed dry/wet mix knob only mixing left channel in mono to stereo configurations.
- Mac: fixed issue with Magic Mouse that could trigger drag and drop instead of mouse click.
- Built-in EQ plug-in spectrum analyzer display will not take priority over DAW or other plug-ins user interfaces.
- Miscellaneous user interface performance improvements.